Monday, June 21, 2010

Ugh!! Do not try to seat more people in your car than you have seat belts!

This one should be a no brainer, right?  Wrong!  Please, people!  Each and every person who rides in your vehicle should have a dedicated seat complete with a lap/shoulder belt, booster seat, and/or harnessed seat. 

This afternoon I went to our local pool. The weather wasn't great, but we have a pass so we went.  There was a mom behind us with five kids ranging in age from 6 mos to 13 or 14yrs.   The kids were well behaved at the pool so no issues there.

As it turns out we left about the same time.  Being the nosey person I am I watched her get into her vehicle.  I thought for sure she'd have a van or at the very least an SUV.  Nope.  She had a Saturn car.  A car that seats only five people.  She then proceeds to pile all of the children into the car.  Four people in the back seat and two in the front.  I felt sick!  I really need to have the state number for car/booster seat misuse on speed dial!  I should have said something, but honestly, I don't think she would have responded well.

So, please everyone pass this along.  Please tell your friends and relatives that you should NEVER share a seat belt with anyone nor should you have children share seat belts with each other.  Every person who rides in the car needs to have a dedicated seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment