Monday, January 3, 2011

It has finally "clicked"!!!

The Monkey can tell time!!  I am so happy!  It finally "clicked" for him on December 30, 2010.  He wore his watch that day and started telling everyone the time about every ten minutes! We have been working on this for almost a year now.  He has been able to tell the hour and half for quite some time.  I even got him a watch last summer in the hopes that it would help.

For the past few months in school we've been working on quarter hours.  He just didn't get it.  He didn't get the whole counting by fives on the clock face either.

I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason he now understands!  It is great, but slightly annoying having a timekeeper/announcer.  One of the cutest things was when I said I needed to put a watch on and he told me that I didn't have to because he had his watch and could tell me the time. 

2 comments: